Looking for an Experienced Tire Technician/Mechanic – Summerville & Charleston locations
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Mount, dismount, and balance commercial, OTR, industrial, and light truck tires
- Repair commercial, OTR, industrial, and light truck tires.
- Maintain maintenance on tools and company property.
- Performs service and repairs on various types of trailers.
- Diagnose and repair/replace various parts/components that have failed or are causing malfunctions on the equipment.
- Diagnose and repair problems on the brake system and hydraulic components of equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems relating to the equipment and its components.
- Operate shop tools, cutting torch, and gas welding equipment.
- Welding of components necessary for repair of equipment and/or fabrication of components/parts necessary for repair of equipment.
- Maintains records and appropriate documentation; complete necessary paperwork as required.
- Maintains work area, inventory, and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or other member of management team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving history. (Note: All candidates will be screened through our insurance company before job offer is made).
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds or more.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for 8 hours or more.
- Must be able to work 5-day workweek from7am-5pm.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends if needed.
- May be required to attend training classes on weekends.
- Must have legible handwriting.
- Must be able to communicate to supervision in a timely fashion if problems or questions should arise.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN Verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and DOT Physical.
- Must be able to acquire a TWIC Card.
- Must have own extensive inventory of mechanic tools.
- Must be proficient at PM Service and understand all DOT FHWA requirements in order to pass inspection.
- Must have a working knowledge of different types of ABS systems.
- Must have experience with trailer electrical and air brake systems.
- Must have welding experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $25.00 per hour